Sunday, September 8, 2013

Writing Rough Drafts


My writing process always starts out with a rough draft that is not very good.  It takes me many times to finally get my final draft the way I want it to be.  Starting this draft I honestly had no idea where to start, so I just began writing down my thoughts even though they may not have gone together.  After doing that, I organized my thoughts so my paper began to actually make sense.  That is when I was able to come up with a thesis and begin writing my paper the way I wanted to.  Having required rough drafts made writing my paper so much easier for me.  I especially liked having the full rough draft due a week before the actual due date because it gave me more time to edit and make my paper as good as I could make it.  I also have not had to stress as much about getting it done on time and making sure it meets the requirements.  Also having writing workshops was surprisingly helpful.  I was not sure of the advice my peers would have for me, but they ended up giving me practical advice to make my better.  Also learning the different methods of writing and writing blogs about them helped me to construct my paper more efficiently.  It allowed me to look at writing and making rough drafts in a different perspective than I was taught in high school.  Overall this writing experience has not been as bad as I thought it would be.  Even though writing papers are not my favorite thing to do, I was able to not stress about finishing writing it on time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment