Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Home


When I first saw Phillip Phillips on American Idol, I immediately became obsessed with him.  His voice is so unique and different, and he has the sweetest personality it is hard not to fall in love with him.  Throughout the season I was constantly pulling for him to win, and when he did I was so excited.  I love how he writes his own music and stays true to who he is.  When I first heard the song, “Home”, on the finale of American Idol, I thought it was such an amazing song.  The lyrics obviously meant a lot to him and it was a song many of us can relate to.  After listening to the song for the first time I thought it was about making someone feel at home in a relationship.  In some sense this is true, but after watching the music video and reading all of the lyrics it is obvious this song is about Phillip Phillips’ new journey he is going on.  He is embracing a new lifestyle and even though it is new and unknown he is not alone and will always have home. This song is played in the commercial for Extreme Home Makeover and the meaning is different.  It is more of the idea of the family coming home to a new house and feeling safe.  In the show the people who get new houses previous homes are unsafe or not healthy for the family.  The song is a perfect fit for the commercial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment